Call to Action!
We’re putting data to work to fulfill the FLS/FML teaching requirements across Canada
The CSBA and the FNCSF, in collaboration with the CASSA and the RNDGE, have teamed up to collaborate and develop a sustainable and accessible pan-Canadian data infrastructure to collect and house accurate, standardized data that can be used to address the Francophone and French second language teacher shortage and enhance their recruitment, mobility and retention.
- Development of a pan-Canadian data infrastructure to support teacher recruitment and retention in minority French language schools and French second language programs.
- [ The Project ]
School systems will benefit from the positive impacts resulting from this project:
- aid in teacher recruitment, immigration, certification and mobility,
- provide opportunity for benchmarking and comparative analysis of data,
- support access to federal funding and programming,
- develop a pool of qualified teachers who understand the needs of Francophone and second language learners.
To access the French webpage for this collaborative project: Pénurie d’enseignants
For more information regarding this project: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media hashtags: #PuttingDataToWork #FaisonsParlerLesDonnées
Media Coverage / Press releases
- September 2021 – Leaders and Learners Newsletter (CASSA-ACGCS) – Article on the French Language Teacher Shortage Data Infrastructure Project