CanGeo Education is a nationwide, educational organization that offers all educators:
- Free membership
- Bilingual resources
- Professional development workshops
- Monthly newsletters
- Resources for all grade levels, such as free maps, lesson plans, contests and more.
- Awards and bursaries
We run 3 annual national contests:
- Canadian Geographic Challenge: This nationwide contest gives students the chance to test their geography skills.
- Classroom Energy Diet Challenge: This award-winning competition encourages K-12 classrooms to increase their energy literacy and become more conscious of their daily energy habits.
- Canada’s Coolest School Trip: Grade 7 to 9 or secondary 1 to 3 students have the chance to win a trip of a lifetime by creating photo essays about their own stewardship project linked to a Parks Canada place.
CanGeo Education is famous for the maps provided to teachers, all of which are free of charge. Here is a sneak peak of some that are offered:
- Giant Floor Maps: These 8 metres by 11 metres floor maps are available free of charge for three-week periods. There are more than 7 themes available and each map is accompanied with a kit of activities and materials to bring the map to life.
- Tiled Maps: Free to download, this resource allows your students to construct a map piece by piece.
- Interactive Maps: Students can now explore the developing world, watersheds, and Canada’s energy online with our interactive maps!
- Poster maps: Decorate your classroom with a map — many themes to choose from!